Western Tidewater Free Clinic (WTFC) is located in Suffolk, VA. Its mission is to provide high-quality, non-emergency health care to the residents of Western Tidewater who cannot otherwise afford it.
(Full-time with benefits - 36 hours per week)
WTFC is seeking a Registered Nurse full time w/benefits to work 36 hours per week. Duties include discharging patients after medical visits, medication reconciliation and assessing patient compliance, providing extensive patient education, follow up of referrals and tests results, recording medical histories, returning patients’ phone calls, performing in house labs and patient triage. Applicant must have at least two years experience, preferably in a medical office setting, with experience using an electronic medical record and experience with chronic disease management. Must be a good team player with excellent communication and computer skills. Requires commitment to the organization’s mission of providing healthcare to low-income uninsured residents of Western Tidewater. WTFC is a drug-free work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
Development Coordinator (Full-time with benefits - 32 hours per week)
WTFC is seeking a Development Coordinator. Primary responsibilities will include the following;
- Maintaining the Clinic’s donor database records; accuracy is critical
- Acknowledging donations accurately and in a timely manner
- Preparing and managing production of written correspondence, flyers, annual reports, newsletters and/or promotional literature to promote WTFC and its programs and services
- Maintaining WTFC website and basic social media posts
- Providing support for the Clinic’s development plan, including community presentations
- Assisting with fundraising and public relations (may include donor and prospective donor meetings and grant-writing support)
- Supporting the daily development office activities and programs
- Providing administrative support to Executive Director, Director of Development and other management as needed
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred with 2 years experience in charitable fund development or a related area. Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Computer competency is required. Experience with donor data base software, especially eTapestry or Blackbaud products, and graphic software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite, is preferred. Some technical skills required for website and social media maintenance. Must be a team player and be able to successfully interact and communicate with a variety of people, including patients, staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and other stakeholders. Candidate should be willing to perform a variety of tasks using good judgment and strong organization skills to accomplish goals. Attention to detail and accuracy are critical in this role. Creativity and initiative are welcomed. The Development Coordinator will work under general supervision and report to the Director of Development. WTFC is a drug-free work place and an equal opportunity employer.
Email a cover letter, resume, three references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.